Recently in a conversation, I was asked what are the benefits of using a Design|Build company like LUBKE. Here are a few of the thoughts I shared.
- Streamlined Process: LUBKE can handle both the design and construction phases, resulting in a more efficient and integrated process. It eliminates the need for separate contracts and coordination between designers and builders.
- Cost and Time Savings: LUBKE can deliver projects more quickly and cost-effectively. With a single entity responsible for both design and construction, communication is smoother, and potential issues can be addressed more proactively.
- Collaboration and Accountability: LUBKE fosters collaboration between architects, engineers, and builders from the early stages. This integrated approach enhances accountability, ensuring that everyone is aligned toward achieving the client’s goals.
When choosing a design-build company like LUBKE clients should consider the following:
- Experience and Expertise: Assess the company’s portfolio, experience, and relevant expertise in the type of project you have. Look for successfully completed projects and check references. Check out our work here! LUBKE’s experience in building coastal, custom luxury homes can be seen up and down all of the FL Gulf Beaches, you can’t drive far without seeing the LUBKE blue sign and our signature designs.
- Communication and Collaboration: Inquire about the firm’s approach to communication and collaboration with clients. Clear and open lines of communication are crucial throughout the project. At LUBKE we utilize BuilderTrend for client interaction and satisfaction. The entire company is aligned using the EOS Platform for internal accountability, communication, and working on the company to best meet our client’s needs. LUBKE’s commitment to client communication and collaboration can be evidenced in the fact that we have a full-time Director of Client Services committed to seeking to serve our clients for a great client experience.
- Project Management and Timeline: Discuss the firm’s project management practices, including how they handle timelines, milestones, and potential delays. Ask about their strategies for staying on track and handling unexpected challenges. LUBKE is committed to schedules, scorecards, and accountability at all levels of the company to ensure timelines and milestones. The use of systems like EOS and BuilderTrend provides opportunities for greater efficiency and effectiveness. For example, every project has a detailed schedule that includes design, construction, purchasing, and management from the office to the field and every trade-partner. With 500+ scheduled items per home, systems make all the difference.
- Cost Estimation and Value Engineering: Seek transparency in the cost estimation process. Inquire about how the firm handles cost control and value engineering to ensure the best value for your investment. LUBKE provides a very detailed build proposal that includes every aspect of the home build, from the start to move-in day. A LUBKE build proposal is comprised of 6-8 pages of details including every line item from permitting, structure, finishes, fixtures, and everything in between to have your home move-in ready!
- Licensing, Insurance, and Certifications: Verify that the firm holds the necessary licenses, insurance, and certifications required for your project, ensuring compliance with local regulations. LUBKE is fully insured and holds every trade partner to the highest standards of the industry.
Lubke is ready to serve you as your premier Design|Build partner. Contact Roger Peace our Director of Client Services to engage in the next steps of designing and building your future dream home.
Roger Peace – Director of Client Services